A fresh twist on a classic salad that will be appreciated at any summer picnic.Serves 4
- 1 ½ cups cooked white beans (about one 15-oz can), drained and rinsed*
- 1 ½ cups cooked garbanzo beans (about one 15-oz can), drained and rinsed*
- 1 ½ cups fresh green beans, cut into 1’’ pieces and blanched
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- Prepare the dressing by whisking shallots with lemon juice, vinegar, honey, and salt. Then incorporate the oil until well blended.
- Combine all the beans in a bowl. Toss beans with dressing and then stir in fresh basil and chili flakes.
- Garnish with more basil and chili flakes if desired.
*In Bon Appétit kitchens, menu items containing beans are made with cooked dry beans. You can substitute cooked dry beans for canned beans in your home as well. They may take longer to prepare but have fresher flavor and are lower in sodium.