According to the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch program, mussels are a ‘super green’ seafood choice because they are good for both your health and the oceans.Makes 4 servings
- 2 lbs mussels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Wash and scrub mussels, set aside.
- Heat garlic in olive oil on medium heat in a large sauté pan
or pot until softened.
- Add wine and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cilantro, cover and simmer another 7 minutes.
- Add mussels, cover, and cook until mussel shells open. Do not eat any mussels that have not opened. Serve with crusty bread.