A simple, yet classy, appetizer or snack using refreshing seasonal produce. Fava beans require extra prep time, but the nutty taste and silky texture makes them worth the effort!Makes about 2 cups
- 2 lbs fresh young fava beans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Add beans to boiling water for 1-2 minutes until just softened.
Drain and remove fava beans from pod and peel shell from
each individual bean.
- Pulse beans with lemon juice and add olive oil slowly until
texture is smooth.
- Blend in mint and salt until incorporated.
- Serve with chopped local spring vegetables (radishes nicely
complement the spread) or toasted bread and garnish with
remaining mint sprigs.